Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Choosing to be thankful for every moment

I Never Got What I Wanted: A Poem

It was Spring, but it was Summer I wanted
The warm days and the great outdoors
It was Summer, but it was Fall I wanted:
The colorful leaves and the cool, dry air.
It was Fall, but it was Winter I wanted
The beautiful snow and the joy of the holiday season
It was Winter, but it was Spring I wanted
The warmth and the blossoming of nature
I was a child, and it was adulthood I wanted
The freedom and the respect
I was 20, but it was 30 I wanted
To be mature and sophisticated
I was middle-aged, but it was 20 I wanted
The youth and the free spirit
I was retired, but it was middle-aged I wanted
The presence of mind without limitations
My life was over, and I never got what I wanted.

No comments: